How to Treat Warts, Naturally: Thuja occidentalis (video)

How to Treat Warts, Naturally:  Thuja occidentalis

Warts are caused by the Human Papilloma virus (HPV) when it invades the top layer of the skin (epidermis) and causes rapid growth of keratin (the hard protein found in the skin) to grow too fast. Scientists have identified more than 100 variations of the virus. Certain forms of the virus are more likely to cause skin warts on the hands. Other forms of HPV are more likely to cause genital warts, although some strains of the virus can cause both.

Warts come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They can be firm and raised with a rough surface like cauliflower or round, flat and smooth. They can be single or growing in clusters. Warts on the bottom of feet are called plantar’s warts and can be very painful because the weight of the body on them pushes them into the sole of the foot. Some warts are long and thin and are mostly found on eyelids, neck and armpits.

HPV can be passed on by close skin-to-skin contact, as well as through contact with towels, shoes, door knobs, and shower floors.

A person whose skin is damaged, wet, or comes into contact with rough surfaces is more likely to catch the infection. For example, a person with scratches or cuts on the soles of his/her feet is more likely to catch the virus in and around public swimming pools.

Since people all have different immune systems some may develop warts when they come into contact with HPV, while others don’t. The risk of catching warts from another person is fairly small, but it exists. Genital warts are much more contagious.

Webmd states:
“The viruses are more likely to cause warts when they come in contact with skin that is damaged or cut. Getting a small scrape or biting fingernails may bring on wart. Similarly, cuts and nicks from shaving can provide an avenue for infection. This explains why men may have warts in the beard area, while women often have them appear on the legs.”

HERBS & OTHER THINGS:
There are many old wive’s tales about how to get rid of warts ranging from cutting a potato and putting it under your bed to covering it with duct tape for six days. I don’t know about all of that, but I do know what I have seen work in 98% of the people I have suggested the following homeopathic remedy to: Thuja occidentalis.

Since warts are caused by a virus, it only stands to reason that they need to be addressed from the inside out. Wipe the virus out of the body and the warts will go away.

One young lady who was getting ready to enter high school had over 200 warts on her hands and arms. You can imagine her apprehension about that! After two weeks on Thuja, all the warts were gone! Her MD father and dermatologist were shocked at the effectiveness of the remedy and the dermatologist began suggesting Thuja for other patients. A young man had a plantar’s wart on his foot that caused him considerable pain. One week on Thuja and the wart dropped off. His father was so delighted that he bought two more vials of the remedy to give one to his son’s doctor. I have well over 50 success stories of how Thuja got rid of warts in three weeks or less. Another case was of a lady who had a huge wart under her thumb nail and the Dr. was going to have to remove the nail to remove the wart. One week on Thuja and the wart was gone. I was even shocked!

If a person scoffs and doubts the effectiveness of homeopathy, this is the remedy they should try just to see for themselves. Thuja, second only to Arnica, has made many believers in homeopathy.

Thuja occidentalis 30C
Dosage: Dissolve 3 pills under tongue 3 times each week until warts are gone.

This entry was posted in Natural Treatments For Acute Conditions and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to How to Treat Warts, Naturally: Thuja occidentalis (video)

1. Louise Peacock says:

Just 3 x per week?

Hello, Louise,
      Three times per week has worked for many, many people. It can’t hurt to take it more often, but why use more than you need. If after two weeks the warts haven’t diminished, then go to once/day. Generally, the warts are gone from 2 days to 2 weeks. Have a great Memorial weekend! Tami

• Louise Peacock says:

Thanks, Tami, that’s great. It’s my dog I’m treating and I have been using 2 pills of Thuja 30, rather than 3. It will be a HUGE relief if the wart goes, because I don’t want to have it removed surgically and it has been getting larger and larger. I had completely forgotten about Thuja until I looked up Warts online and found this site. thanks again.

Louise

• Herbmamasita says:

Two is just as good as three. One homeopath says “Just one pellet can cure an elephant!” It’s the potency that matters most in homeopathy. Let me know how things go with your dog, please. I have only treated humans so far, but I have seen other amazing healings on animals via homeopathy: boils, abscess, arthritis, hot spots, and even lymphoma!

• Louise Peacock says:

I will most certainly let you know how this goes. Although I am not a registered homeopath, just a lay practitioner, I have been using the remedies since I was a child, and in the past few years have some spectacular successes with the animals.

In one case, our dog was diagnosed with Cushings Disease, which has no cure and some rather heavy handed Allopathic treatments which don’t really help that much. I checked on line and found a paper by a homeopathic vet who had successfully used a combination of three remedies to hold the disease in check in horses. I used these 3 remdies on the dog, and he lasted, in pretty good health and comfort for another 2 years.

In another case one of our cats had seriously elevated A.L.T. levels indicating serious liver problems. I was able to get some SAM.E. made in Homeopathic form and successfully treated her with it. she finally died 5 years later of other old age related issues.

2. Louise Peacock says:

Since May 26, I have moved to giving the remedy 3 times weekly. the only change I have noticed since then is that the wart is getting larger. Because of its location it is actually pressing on her eye ball. It is right on the edge of the lid.

3. Louise Peacock says:

Have been out of touch – sorry. The thing on her eyelid is definitely a wart, confirmed by the vet. It is a flat, smooth type. I looked the wart on eyelid issue up in one of my Homeopathic vet books and they suggest Causticum 12X 3x daily for week. I am going to try that as soon as I can get it. I’ll let you know what happens.

• Herbmamasita says:

Please let me know if the Causticum works. 98% of the time Thuja does the job . . .but some people and some dogs are different. Interesting, had another lady contact me about a wart on her dog! So, if Thuja doesn’t work – I’ll suggest Caust. Great day to you!

• Wow, sorry been a busy summer and only now aqm I getting back to you. Anyway, after the Thuja failed to r educe the wart, I consulted my homeopathic vet book again, it is by Dr. Christopher Day in the U.K. He mentions Thuja, Causticum and Nitric acid in connection to warts. His suggestion is to try each remedy for a two week period. Thuja 30, then Causticum 30 and if the problem is still there, the Nitric acid 30. After the Causticum there appeared to be some possible change to the flat shiny grey wart, but nothing substantial. Once the Nitric acid two week period was done, I noticed a SIGNIFICANT change, a reduction, and some tiny external bumps. I returned to the Thuja for 2 weeks. The wart kept on reducing until in completely disappeared with no bleeding or eyelid scarring. that was in July and it is now December, the eyelid is still clear.

• Herbmamasita says:

Wow, that is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing that with me. I will add it to my repertoire for future issues like that!

Tami Swedlund, Naturally Better http://www.naturally-better.org

4. Please write remady about piles.

• Herbmamasita says:

I am so sorry in my delay. The homeopathic remedy most indicated for piles is Aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) according to Dr. Robin Murphy’s Remedy Guide. I have had one consult that it helped greatly.

5. gio says:

Hello any difference between taking Thuja occidentalis 30c and Thuja occidentalis 30x?

6. Ida Streeter says:

My daughter is 8.5 years old and has about 50 warts, mostly on her hands, but some of them are on her face and feet. She weighs about 50 lbs. We recently tried treating some on her hands with Apple Cider Vinegar topically, which is helping, many are turning black after just a few days of this. However, at this rate this treatment will take years to rid all of them off her body. And I don’t see how I will get her to put the vinegar on her face…so my question is, would you take the same does for children? 3 tablets 3x a week? This would be much easier than the vinegar method (though it is working). Thanks so much for your help!

• Herbmamasita says:

Oh, the poor little thing! Not cool in school to have warts. Thuja occidentalis (30x or 30c) has been very effective at getting rid of warts even in young children. I know, personally, of two girls that had over 200 warts on their hands and arms. I suggested that protocol: 3 tablets dissolved under the tongue 3 times/week. Within a month, the warts were completely gone. Keep on with the ACV, if you like – that hits it from the outside, but Thuja hits it from the inside out getting rid of the virus that causes them. Personally, I dose with Thuja once/month as a preventative. Please let me know what happens with her.

• Ida Streeter says:

Thank you for the quick response! I will try the 3 tablets 3x a week and hope for the best! I think we will continue with the ACV for the few fingers we started treating as well. I will keep you posted! Thanks again

7. Anon says:

I have warts on beard area since last 2 years. Its started with 1 warts and became hundreds over time. Initially I tried homeopath for few months (Doctor didn’t reveal the actual medicine name though) but didn’t get any success. Then go for surgical methods. They are successful in removing but not stopping them. They keep on growing. Now I am taking liquid nitrogen spray every week which is again remove new warts but not stopping them from growing. I would love would be thankful for my life time if I can cure them using homeopath. After reading this I start taking Thuja 30 from today and hoping for good. Please suggest if any other thing I need to do.

• Herbmamasita says:

Hello, Anon, So sorry for you! Warts on the face is not cool. The only thing that I know of for getting rid of warts if Thuja occidentalis. It has proving successful for many people. You could try putting Apple Cider Vinegar on them – someone posted that they was working but is slow. Many people see great results in as little as one week. So expect the best.

• Louise says:

My homeopath suggested 2 weeks of Thuja 6x, then if they haven’t gone, 2 weeks of Causticum 12x, and if still not gone, 2 weeks of Acidum nitricum 6x This combination approach worked for me.

8. Lorena says:

Hi, please can you help me, my daughter who is 7 has molluscum contagious on her face and parts of her body for 7 months, and keep spreading, which is making her very sad I want to try the thuja remedy you mention in this page but I am a bit scare of side efects, I want to know if it’s safe , I am desperate to help her but I want to do it in a safe way. I hope you can help me with advice Also there are two brands that offer this medicine weleda and Nelson wich one is better? Thanks in advance

• Herbmamasita says:

Hello, so sorry for your daughter. Yes, Thuja is the remedy indicated for molluscum contagious according to Dr. Murphy’s Clinical Repertory. Actually, my cousin’s little daughter had that a few months ago. Homeopathic remedies don’t have the side effects of other kinds of medicine, whether herbs or pharmaceuticals because they are micro-dilutions of the original products. In this case, Thuja occidentalis 30c, is 30 1:100 dilutions of a tincture made from the fresh green twigs from the Arbor vitae tree. If you are nervous, just dose her one time and wait a few days to see if she has any reactions. I have seen one dose of a homeopathic effect a cure in some people. Also, do a little more research about it to assure your heart that it is safe.

Where you buy your homeopathics is your decision. If the company practices Good Manufacturing Principles, either should be fine, okay?

9. Lorena says:

Hi, thanks for replying, I gave her I dose Two days ago and I am waiting to see if she has any reaction, if everything is ok, I will start the treatment. can u tell me for how long she needs to take it, and the dosage is 3 tablets , 3 times a week?. I really hope it works, everyday she is getting more spots, on her face ,some children at school don’t want to play with her. If you have any other advise to get rid of them please let me know, perhaps something that helped your coursing little daugther. thanks in advance for your kind help.

• Herbmamasita says:

Oh, that is so sad that the other children don’t want to play with her. Well, since molloscum contagion is caused by a virus there are several anti-virals that you could apply to them: Oregano Oil, Olive Leaf Extract (it can stain clothes, though), and Coconut Oi. For little ones, I think Coconut Oil is the best choice. Besides applying it to the bumps, give her a teaspoon orally each day. Here is an article about that from one of my favorite wholistic websites: http://www.naturalnews.com/026624_oil_coconut.html#

Please keep me informed.

• Ida says:

Hi! We are the ones who are treating with Apple cider vinegar… Btw that is working but slowly for some and pretty quickly for others… My question is why do you say to dose 3 tabs 3x a week when the thuja bottle dosage is 5 tabs 3x a day?

• Herbmamasita says:

Glad to hear there is some improvement! Basically, the reason I say 3/3x/week is because warts are a chronic problem, not acute. Thuja is also indicated for Candidiasis (yeast infections) which is an acute illness – in that case I would suggest 3/3x/day. Also, the 3x/week strategy has worked for so many people, so why use more than you need? 3 pills/day would be fine, also.

10. Paula says:

Hello, I just want to share an amazing Thuja- Wart success story that happened when my now 31 year old daughter was about 6 or 7 years old. She was complaining about a sore hard area on the sole of her foot, so I took her to a podiatrist and he diagnosed it as a plantar wart, and he cut it out. Not too long after that it grew back and there were 3 or 4 more as well. A homeopath friend suggested Thuja I think 30 once a day plus lemon oil rubbed in. She took it herself each day off the lid, neither of us touched it. After a couple of weeks I asked her how her warts were going and she told me they were all gone, but even more impressive was that an uncomfortable wart I’d had on my finger for several years also disapeared at that time. We can only assume from skin contact through goodnight cuddles etc. Our warts have never returned. Today my other daughter
    -28 yr old- has started on Thuja 30 to treat a wart on her hand and I was looking here to check for the best dose frequency. I hope this inspires others to try it.

• Herbmamasita says:

That’s fantastic news! So, people, maybe go ahead and dose once/day with Thuja. Thanks for sharing about the lemon oil. I’ll add that to my protocol for helping people with warts.

• Paula says:

Our most recent use of Thuja did not appear to be effective. My 28 year old daughter -Harmony, used it for 3 – 4 weeks and didn’t notice any change in the uncomfortable wart on her hand. She then went to the doc and had it treated with liquid nitrogen. The Doc commented on the size of the core and wasn’t sure that her treatment would work even if repeated 2 more times, however the wart fell out/off a few says later and still seems to be completely gone after 3 weeks. The doctors treatment was surprisingly effective so maybe the Thuja played a role. I think the message here is keep trying.

11. Rabia says:

Hi my husband also has warts over the neck and some over his face, this gives him real tough time when he shaves.
    He had tried a number of ways to remove them but they grow again.

Last yr he was given thuja (Occidentalis) 30, 10 ml dilution but he didn’t use it. Now after reading all these reviews i want him to try it religiously. I would like you to tell me the usage of this medicine. How many drops should be taken. I hope the intake is oral.

The same doc also have him to apply warts remover podophyllotoxin Mt + thuja Mt. How effective are these.

These medicines are with us for an year now, used a few times only. Does it get expired as there is no expiry date mentioned.

Thanks

• Herbmamasita says:

Hello, homeopathic remedies are very stable over long periods of time, so I think the bottle you have is still good. He should dose with 1/2 dropper daily until the warts are gone. Then once/week for a month. I dose myself with Thuja every month because people are continually re-exposed to the wart virus via contact with others – walking barefoot around a pool, shaking hands, etc. I am not sure about the Podophyllotoxin. In my experience, just taking Thuja orally has cleared warts in 95% of the cases. Let me know how it goes, please.

• anonymous says:

Hello i have flat face warts on my forehead I started with one from there its been spreading from the sides of face and my chin I wen to dermatology nothings has been working it’s been getting worse and my self esteem just coming down and I just don’t know what to do is just getting worse and worse please help

• Herbmamasita says:

Hello, I can imagine that having warts on your face would affect your self esteem!! Well, flat warts are caused by the HPV virus also, so the Thuja Occidentalis is still the best homeopathic option for you. So, buy some Thuja that is 30C potency and dose by dissolving 3 pellets under your tongue once/day until the warts are gone. If they aren’t gone in a month, then another remedy may be needed. Also, you can try an anti-viral – something like Olive Leaf or Oil of Oregano (capsules). Take 1, 3x/day for 10 days. That may help kill the virus, also. Coconut Oil is an anti-viral, also, so you may want to put them on the warts at bedtime. Please let me know if this works for you, okay?

12. Patricia says:

Hi Thanks for all your advice – but I have a couple of questions.
    Should you take the 3 pellets all at once or spread through the day?
    I had about 25 warts and a verruca – for years and took Thuja for about 2 weeks – and all disappeared. However, I cannot remember the dose – although I took one first thing in the morning.
    However, one wart came back after a time – and is now spreading .
    I read that Thuja may not be so effective the second time – have you heard that?
    Would be really grateful for your advice. Thank you.

• Hello, Wow that’s wonderful news about the 25 warts and verruca disappearing in two weeks! Homeopathy is awesome. To answer your questions: 1) Take all 3 pellets at the same time. 2) Thuja (and any other homeopathic) is just as effective the second, third, or whatever time you need it. Remember that warts are caused by a virus – it seems you got re-exposed to that virus again. Even a handshake can pass it. I take Thuja about every 3 months – just one dose – as a preventative. Here’s another example of homeopathic’s effectiveness on numerous occasions. Burns. Cantharis is the remedy for burns – sun burns, stove burns, all kinds of burns. It works just as well the first time as the 15th. As a mama of five kids, I cooked alot and got several burns through the years. Always, cantharis took care of them! A wonderful day to you, Tami

13. danny says:

Hello , I practise thuja occidentalis for getting rid of some genital warts. I quited coffee and mint. I see some improvement but smoking is able to affect the remedy?

• Dr. Robin Murphy, ND, says that those ideas that you can’t have mint, coffee, or nicotine are myths. Homeopathy is not biochemical – its energetic medicine. Hard to explain, but it works on the principles of physics. So, you’re okay. Many people I have treated recovered from their ailments even though still chewing gum, etc. Many, MANY people have been cured of your ailment with Thuja. It’s the same virus that causes warts elsewhere. Enjoy a smoke and a cup of coffee!

• danny says:

Thank you very much. It’s nice to hear that’s homeopathy is energetic. That’s why i try to believe it more and more , not being anxious etc. It’s hard cause those warts have destroyed my sexlife and i feel bad. I will let you know about the results.

14. milkman28 says:

I was looking at 200c what is your suggestion on this high potency ……. ??

15. milkman28 says:

This will also help with anal warts right??

16. No, no – it’s not dangerous. I use both 30c and 200c for different ailments. Like I said, the 200c lasts longer in the system, so you can dose less frequently. 3x/week. The only thing that a 200C potency may do that a 30c won’t is target emotional problems. Thuja isn’t indicated for any emotional problems (many other remedies are, though). Oh, Yes, it helps with anal and genital warts. I have had several people tell me their warts in those areas were gone in a matter of weeks.

17. Homeopathy serves people in two ways 1) Acute physical Complaints like nausea, sunburn, poison ivy, warts, but also 2) “Constitutionally” – for physical ailments that may be rooted in emotional ailments. For example, migraine headaches. Many people have migraine headaches because they have suppressed an emotional trauma that happened to them years ago. In cases like that, the homeopath has a consult with the person (which takes about 1-2 hours) and goes through their history: health, family health history, physical and emotional traumas. Then the homeopath finds the one remedy that will address the majority of the person’s physical and emotional ailments. A good homeopath always follows up with the people they treat, constitutionally, about every 4-6 weeks. It really is amazing to see the difference in people. Natrum Muriaticum is one of the remedies that treats migraines, constitutionally. I always tell people when they start that remedy “you may find your voice.” In other words, they will not just swallow their words when something upsets them – they will say what’s on their mind. So, in the case of Natrum Mur, the side effect is speaking your mind. To practice homeopathy like that takes years of study.

• milkman28 says:

OHHHHHHH OK …. was just wondering lol….. I had read on webmd … side effects such as causing seizures, and brain damage ……. Hopefully this is not true!!

18. Hey, Yes, often people search for the name of a homeopathic remedy and the information they get is about the plant it was made from, not the remedy (which is a dilution of the original substance). For example, Thuja 30C is 30 1:100 dilutions of the original substance! A microdilution. So, always be sure to search with the word homeopathic in it. I don’t use potencies below 24x or 12 c because they still have some of the original substance in them. Then, of course, there may be interactions.